The government funded Connection Vouchers Scheme has been extended to include some parts of Oldham and Stockport.
The parts of Oldham included for the first time are Broadway Business Park, Brookgate Business Park and Greengate Industrial Estate at Chadderton and Salmon Fields Business Village at Royton.
The scheme provides grants of between £100 and £3000 for the cost of connection of faster broadband service and runs until March 2015.
Other areas of Oldham are not covered by this scheme but in many cases Plum Communications offer Free Installation to customers taking service on contracts between one and three years.
Advantages of Faster BroadbandBusinesses adopting Faster Broadband have found that the benefits are:
- A stronger ability to work collaboratively on projects with other groups within an organisation or with external organisations
- The capability to upload and download large multi media files, making user and customer experiences easier and more streamlined
- The ability to link up separate work sites and remote workers
Does My Business Qualify for the Connection Voucher Scheme?Each business or organisation will have the chance of receiving the vouchers valued from £100 up to £3000 if they meet the required criteria for eligibility. If you are wondering whether or not your business qualifies for the Connection Vouchers Scheme then have a look below at some of the qualifying conditions. This list is not exhaustive so please speak to a member of the Plum Communications team to find out more information on eligibility.
- Connections must cost over £100
- The connection must indicate a step change in connectivity
- Contract duration must be for at least six months
- Small to Medium sized Enterprise need to meet the same definition as defined by the European Commission
- You must be located in a local authority of one of the SuperConnected Cities
- There are other conditions which also apply, please see guidance from your Local Authority on this as there are different rules for each city
How Do I Begin the Process?
- Firstly contact Plum Communications for a quotation or estimate and an initial check on whether you may qualify for the scheme
- You will then need to submit your application and quotation or estimate online
- If your application is successful and you receive a voucher or conditional offer letter you will place your order with us at Plum Communications
- You will be responsible for payment of VAT and the invoice amount less the voucher amount and you will send the invoice and claim form to your local authority for payment of the voucher amount
List of SuperConnected Cities as of 3 June 2014: Aberdeen, Belfast, Birmingham, Bradford/Leeds, Brighton and Hove, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Coventry, Derby, Derry/Londonderry, Edinburgh, London, Manchester/Salford, Newcastle, Newport, Nottingham, Oxford, Perth, Portsmouth, York.